Wednesday, September 15, 2010

MTC Letter 2

September 14, 2010

Hello!!!

This is my very first email being sent out from the M.T.C. My time here so far is alright. I like to refer to my Russian learning as a dive into an Olympic size swimming pool here, because high school language learning is like putting your feet into a kiddie pool. This is so drastically different from high school language study.

However, my teachers are great! Brother Toone is amazing, and I feel like I learn the most when he is teaching. Brother Wood is a super happy guy that loves life; I think that would be a good way to share how he is; and Sister Chenina a native Russian. She scares me to be honest. Even though she only comes up to my shoulders she still is like the typical Russian, scary and strict. On the happy side she's pretty cool and is helpful when it comes saying the words. I've learned how to testify of the Church, like: "I know this church is true" I'd type it in Russian but then I'd end up wasting my time on hunting and pecking for the correct letters so just say it in a Russian accent or have Chris say it for you.

The classroom is like my second room besides my dorm room. Talking about my dorm room, it's a lot like USU's dorm when I was up there but longer!!! The extra space is occupied by two other Elders. Those other two Elders are AMAZING! Elder Bangeter and Elder Noren are companions. Elder Bangeter is from Melba, ID a small town with no stop lights (Chris and Rob laugh uncontrollably) and Elder Noren is from Houston, TX. Elder Bangeter is your typical Idaho kid, worked on a farm and is super awesome. Our first morning here he said that he felt like he was waking up to go move water, irrigation. He has a cornucopia of stories that he loves to share with everyone. Elder Noren went to West Point Military Academy. His bed is super clean and crisp and so is he. He's awesome. I've copied him with his bed making, so when I make my bed it's clean, crisp, and awesome (Mom, yes this is true, I'm making my bed).

My companion is Elder Smith who is also from Houston, TX; If you were wondering Elder Smith and Elder Noren do not know each other. Elder Smith took two semesters up at the U of U. Any time we're walking around and someone else has a U of U shirt on he's like "Hey! I love that shirt you're wearing!"

Today as you guessed it would be my preparation day! I went to the temple with the District and did a session. I saw Brother Hadley there and smiled at him. It's always so good to see familiar faces around here. Speaking of familiar faces, I saw Timmy G, oh I mean Elder Gervais yesterday. He gets shipped out tomorrow (Wednesday) to Birmingham AL. We snapped some photos together and then went along our way. I see tons of kids err...Elders from Springville. Have I told you how nice it is to see a familiar happy face?? Oh it's amazing. Back to the temple story; so we did a session and then went and got food. THE BEST FOOD EVER!!!!! I had an omelet, hash browns, three sausage links, and a slice of cranberry something bread. The food there is tons better than the M.T.C. food, I wonder why?

Waking up in the morning isn't too hard since I had to wake up every day at 5:15 a.m. MST so it feels like I'm sleeping in a bit, but not really. I had my alarm set for 6:20 a.m. MST so it would go off a bit earlier so that I could wake up and be ready. Waking up at 6:30 a.m. MST does not work for Elder Young because I just hit snooze and go back to bed. That's why I had my alarm set early so that I could hit the snooze button at 6:20 a.m. MST and then go back to bed, but not really. I just laid there awake, and then when the alarm went off again I would be able to easily get up and out of bed and continue with the day’s activities. However, the other Elders in the room did not appreciate the early alarm and asked me to make it go off later. They were like "Okay no more 6:20 a.m. MST alarm stuff." So I complied.....for now!....and now I have a little bit harder time waking up. Oh well, who really cares any way??? I SURE DO!!!!

On the bright side of this week I was able to find a piano last night and played for a 15 minutes. Oh, it felt great playing. I wish I had anytime access to a piano so that I could play. It helped me get my stresses and angers out of me. Hopefully today I'll be able to play again. Tell Sister Gage thank you very much for teaching me the great valuable skill of piano playing. I love to play the piano.

I'll write letters home a bit because I feel like it will be easier and I'll have more time.

Question: Did I leave my camera cable at home, I can't seem to find it here or maybe I just haven't looked hard enough yet.

Love you all so dearly!

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment