Tuesday, September 21, 2010

MTC Letter 3

Congratulations on recieving this message! You are part of a selected few to obtain this special notice (Mom could you forward this to like everyone!). So....this week has been your normal seven day week. It's a bit backwards because in the "real world" the week starts on Monday, but here I'm not sure when the week really starts. Weird huh? Today is Tuesday right??? See I don't even know what day it is!!!! AHHH!!!!! I can't believe that I've almost been here two whole weeks. It's amazing how fast the time flies away here. You wake up at 6:30 a.m. MST and then do your morning thing and then go to class. After that is lunch and then class and then dinner and then class. Basically I'm in class all. the. time. On the flipside, class is pretty cool. I learn so much. My brain has a funnel attached to it and the teachers pour everything Russian down that funnel and into my brain. It's a Noah's boat load of information. Some of it leaks out, because really who has a brain that is outrageously large and can retain all of that information. I'm able to retain some of that information and remember it! Yay!!! We've learned how to bear our testimony in Russian, as opposed to Spanish, and how to say other phrases. I would recall some of the phrases but I guess I haven't quite retained those yet. I'm working on it. During the stagnat lunch line I pull out my flashcards and try to memorize some words. It's working, the other day in class there were some words we were working with (wow that was like 8 'w' words wait now 10 in a row) and I remembered what they meant. It was pretty awesome! The other day towards the end of the class time one of the other teachers came in and said that if we read the Book of Mormon in Russian aloud then we will be able to speak Russian amazingly. The teacher is originally from Ukraine and served his mission in England. He said that he struggled to learn English but he read from the Book of Mormon in English aloud and by the time he finished he was able to speak English like anyone else, but with a Russian accent. It was superb hearing that, it made me feel good to know that someday I'll be able to speak Russian. On Sunday during our wonderful heaven-sent Temple walk I went over some flashcards and talked to the other district about what ever. On the way back from the Temple I had this little epiphany where I saw myself reading the Book of Mormon in Russian aloud and then eventually I was speaking flawless Russian. It hit me that I can do it and that I will do it. I've started reading from the Book of Mormon in Russian aloud, it takes forever but I know that I will be able to get through the Book of Mormon and that I will speak Russian.

Okay where was I????....Oh yeah, this week has been better with Elder Smith. We're actually starting to get along! I think that the first week of the MTC is probably the hardest because it's such a transistion change. He said that he was a bit homesick at times but is starting to feel better. I like to play the piano at night, that's the only time that I'm able to play really, so after "planning" Elder Smith and I go and find a piano for me to play on. It's amazing playing here, 1) the pianos are in tune (sorry Mom) and 2) the Spirit testifies of the message through the sweet music from the piano oh and 3) it helps me unwind from the day and relax and have no worries. I'm hoping that when I get to Ukraine in 10 more weeks or so I'll be able to play the piano quite often. So after I played my selected songs we got up and left and headed back to the dorm. Elder Smith and I are a work in progress, I am going to say that by the end of the time that we are here he and I are going to be great friends.

The last snipit---I've been a bit under the weather but everything is okay. I'm getting better. I love being here it's amazing.

Love you all. See you in 2 more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment