Tuesday, October 5, 2010

MTC Letter 5

This week was your normal jam packed activity filled week. It's hard to find time and "relax". I'm constantly always doing something as in: Language study, scpripture study, teaching a lesson, eating, going to a devotional, or doing anything else missionary wise. I was finally able to sit down and write those letters I had planned since last Tuesday, I did those letters on Sunday. That is the only time to sit down and write or do my own little thing. So I appologize for the lateness of those letters.

Admist all of the hussle and bustle this week I had some awesome amazing experiences. On Wednesday, our district teaches at the TRC, the Teaching Resource Center, Elder Smith and I tought the second lesson-the Plan of Salvation-it was the best lesson ever, the Spirit was abounding and we were both on a Spiritual high afterwards. We were so pumped up for teaching and our teacher was super excited as well. Our teacher gets us so extremely pumped up to teach that all we want to do is go out to Ukraine and start teaching!

For General Conference this week is was a whole lot different, if you wanted to experience like how I did next time wear your white shirt and tie, pants, socks, shoes and suit coat (that is for Elders...errr men) and if you're a Sister...gosh! I mean a female then you wear what you normally would to church as in dress or what ever else you would want to wear. So for G.C. I'm sitting in the gym on some bleacher chairs (they have a back rest and arm rests) listening and taking frivilous notes. We can take our jackets off only if the presiding authority says that we can. So who might be the presiding authority you might ask? I assumed that it was President Monson. We were all hoping that at some point he would say: "Elders in the MTC you may take off your jackets." But he never did, oh well. G.C. was amazing none the less though. I learned a lot. That was probably the first time I've sat down and watched all 10 hours of G.C. and taking notes. I learned a lot. I don't have my notes with me but I filled up six pages full of notes. I'll write a letter home about which talks I liked more. They were all amazing!!!

We had a Sunday night devotional, in honesty it seemed pointless because we have all just watched ten hours of TV church and now they want us to sit again and listen to someone say something more uplifting than G.C. I obliged and sat and listened. It was a different Sunday night devotional, instead of someone lecturing us on how awesome we all are we sang songs. So for an hour we all sang songs, weird but nice.

The older District leaves next week which is extremely weird to think. It freaks me out because sooner than later it will be my district leaving!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! It's so freaky to think that I've been here a month and then what will seem like a couple more weeks I'll be gone and IN UKRAINE. I got to look over the travel plans of the older district. The Elders going to Donetsk fly to New York or Chicago and then chill there for a small amount of time and then fly over to Austria and then chillax and then go to Donetsk. They fly Delta and then Austrian Air. I'm stoked for Austrain air just because I've experienced it before and know of the wonderful joys therein. A couple of weeks ago I went into the travel office (maybe I told you this story, maybe I haven't) and said: "I know I'm way early becuase I have 10 more weeks here but I want to know if it's possible for me to get the exit row seat for the trans-Atlantic journey. The people there said that I would have to see if I could move seats there at the gate desk because they have to know if I'll be physically capable of doing the task if the plane crashes. I'm thrilled for that opportunity to sit in the exit row seats.

The answers to your questions:

1. I have not found my camera cable, I'm going to look harder still. And I do not need a new one yet.

2. I sent a letter home to Erin for some stuff. What is said was that I need some new shirts and another gym shirt.

3. I haven't played the piano in a church meeting yet but I'm planning soon that eventually play. It's hard to play here because I'm so busy.

4. On a day like this (P-day) I go to the Temple and eat breakfast after doing the work. Then I come write an email home. After than I go to my room and change and get ready for laundry. Then around 12:45 I go do laundry. That takes a while do to so during that time I write letters home, talk with others, or doodle. After laundry I go back to my room, fold my clothes and put them away. I study some more and then get ready for a Tuesday night Devotional. Then after that we have a district review and then we plan for tomorrow and then head back to the dorm room.

5. If you could in the next package possibly send some of your most delicious home made and baked breads. They are so yummy I miss them.

6.I will write home the funny stories since I have 3 minutes left.

7. There is no seven.

I love you all! Thank you for your support through the month I've been here! I love it here....kind of...but yes it's fun being here. Learning is a challenge but God calls the selected that can do it and will provide the way. I'm grateful for my opportunity to do what is right and that is serve a mission. Enjoy life to the fullest do the things you love doing and let nothing hold you back from doing them. God bless all! Oh remember to say your prayers, Heavenly Father does hear them and does answer your prayers.

Love Elder Young.

No comments:

Post a Comment