Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cold Mountain Letter 15

Can you believe that it's already March??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!?!?!? I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that it's March. This past week was really fast, prettymuch this whole transfer has been really fast. That's good and that's bad. Good because we are working really hard and bad because that means that I might not be able to serve with Elder Lott any more. He's awesome and I love serving with him. Last night we made some peanut butter cookies and just talked about everything. It's awesome. He's just crazy and silly. I've been laughing so much it hurts.

Monday was a typical P-day. We wrote emails home and then went to the branch building to play some ping pong and to relax with other missionaries. Shopping for this week was really cheap. We planned on making spagetti, Борш, and some stir-fry chicken. I'll explain more about the foods later in their respective days. So shopping was pretty cheap. We are planning on eating relatively cheap so by the end of the month we can eat like kings. At the store there are these full rabbits for sale. We have talked about buying one and making a meal. So if you can find me a reciepe for rabbit that would be wonderful. The rabbits have the heads still on and the feet with some fur. Oh they just look so tasty. I remember that one time when we had rabbit in France and it tasted so good, so hopefully if we go through with making a rabbit. I'll definetly take some pictures and send them to you. After shopping we relaxed and talked and then I took a hot bath. I found some christmas lights in our apartment and I rigged them up in the bathroom so when I take a bath I just turn on the christmas lights and relax. I love hot baths. I get all hot and sweaty and then afterwards I feel amazing.

Tuesday was a busy day. We had three (3) lessons, that usually doesn't happen for us. We went to an inactive lady who is handicapped. She can walk, but not very well. We talked with her and to see how she is doing. We told her about the combining of the branches and what is happening. She is awesome, if only she could get to church. She said that she writes poetry and she shared some of her poetry. It was really good and she has said that she has won some awards. She also said that she plays the piano and she asked for some more music and if we had any. I said that I had a book and that we could make some copies for her.

After our lesson with her, we went to the branch building and taugh Oleg. We talked about putting God first and the blessings that come. He says that right now his priorities in life are to 1, get a job 2, get married and 3, choose a religion. It's kind of heart breaking because he doesn't really care about what we have to say. He's also really picky about things. He says that he's been trying to find a job and that if he finds one it's not just right for him and he complains to management and then they tell him to get lost. So it's sad. He said that he has a problem with our branch presidents and how they are business men outside of church and then church men on Sunday. He also doesn't like that the church doesn't provide for them but he also said that they should be able to provide for themselves. Confused?? yeah. He doesn't make much sense. If he were to really read the Book of Mormon he would be able to find all the answers he has. I was reading the other day and found many references that talked about how kings should labor with their own hands and not be a burden to their people.

After that lesson we went home and made some dinner. We made a stir-fry. Elder Lott wanted to make it more Oriental and so he got some honey and poured that in. He said that he was making it like honey glazed kind of worked. It was all good and then we went to another lesson with Okcana. When we got there she wasn't there and the members that we teach with said that she wasn't home. So we just talked and shared some goals with them. It was nice to have a little member lesson with them and then go back home. We were busy that day, very busy.

Wednesday was another busy day. We had to go to the branch building and get some registration papers and then we went to district meeting. At district meeting we had some amazing food. The Burr's made us tacos. Oh so amazing. We got there early and instead of just being a bum and just waiting I helped them out with some last minute preperations. Don't worry mom, I'm not a bum, never will be or want to be. I came in and helped. You trained me right. One thing that I like about cooking is that when you start you just have an idea and a lot of ingredients and then by the end of the time of cooking you have a wonderful magnificent meal waiting to be devoured. For district meeting we watched a talk by Elder Holland that he gave in the MTC about letting go of your nets and if we really love Jesus Christ and doing his work. He gave the account of the apostles after the death of Christ. They didn't know what to do and so they went fishing. He recalled that event and said that we need to give up our nets and always go to work. It was a good talk. Sometimes when Elder Holland talks he gets very passionate and starts yelling. After district meeting we went to a hospital and saw a member. It was the members mother that we meet with when we teach Okcana. She is amazing. When we got there she was like can I have another Book of Mormon I've already given away two to my roommates. We gladly gave her another book and then she went over to one of her roommates and she started teaching her about the Book of Mormon and our church. She is devoted to the church and working. Wednesday was a good day.

Thursday another day with three (3) planned lessons. We started early with a lesson with our old branch president. He's awesome and super funny. We went over there and talked to him about eternal families and getting married. He said that he is deathly afraid of getting married and talking to girls. He had a job and he's awesome. What is wrong with that. He was asking about our families and if our parents argue and if they get along. I recalled from memory and said that my parents love each other and they don't argue. After our lesson with him we looked at our map and figured that we could walk to our next lesson. So we figured out our route and walked there. When we got to our second lesson for the day we knocked on the door and she wasn't there, it was the older grandma with memory problems, so we were a little bit saddened and then we contacting instead. We did pretty good. Gave out a book and talked to some people. It's hard contacting in the cold because people don't really stop and talk and they aren't to happy. We made Борш for dinner. It's a Russian soup with carrots, beets, pork, potatoes, onion, garlic, and spices. It was good and tasted good. We made a lot of it so it would last us for about three days. Remember we planned on eating cheap. We bought some big round loafs of bread and made bread bowls, mmmmmmm..that was good. Then we went to the church to teach Эля that was a good lesson. Then we went back home. Another good fun day.

Friday...where to begin. The Борш did a number on us. Our bowels hated us all day. The Борш did not settle well at all. We had to stay within a softball toss of a toliet all day, it wasn't fun. We had a lesson planned that day and we were scared that we might have to cancel it because we could do anything beside moan and groan and sit on the potty. We did go to the lesson though and we barely made it through. On walking to the house Elder Lott would stop and stand there for a second and then fart. He was scared that some were a little bit more than a fart but all was okay and we made it through with the lesson. When we got home Elder Lott asked me if I wanted any more Борш, I told him no and then he took the pot and went to the bathroom and dumped the Борш into the toliet. It was a great sound hearing that Борш go away but it was a little too good because it reminded me of what happened to me earlier that day.

Saturday was another busy day with another three (3) lessons. We met with the old grandma with memory loss and had a good lesson with her. We talked about prayer. Then we made our way to Center Kharkiv to meet with Edward. I hopefully told you about him. He's an adult, he told us that quite a bit when we taught him, and he is the underwear salesman. We met up with him and he said this: "Frankly speaking I am hungry and I would like to eat, what do you think?" We told him that we were hungry also. He told us to hop into his car and that he would take us some where to eat. He started driving and told us that the road that we were on led to Russia. For a second I thought that he was taking us to Russia. But he didn't, which was a good thing. Because that would be pretty sketchy. So we went into this restaurant and we started talking. We talked about the 10 commandments and he said that he liked what we were talking about and that he needed to think it over. Oh yeah he ordered for us some pizza. He's way legit. We told him once or twice the commandments and then he had them memorized. He's way cool. He was talking about America and that it's an amazing place because our parents and their parents worked hard and that is why America is amazing. He was saying that the problem here is that no one knows how to work. He's totally right with what he was saying. After our lesson he drove us back and when he dropped us off we gave him a Book of Mormon and he said that he would read it and we marked where the 10 commandments were. He said that since we gave him a Book he would take us out to eat next week. He said that since he is an adult and has a job he would pay because we don't have money and we are just kids and that he's and adult. Then that night we had another lesson with Oleg, we talked about prayer. The last time we met we asked him if he could pray. He said that he couldn't because he didn't have his prayer book and that he couldn't use his own words. So this time we told him about prayer and that we need to use our own words. He said that it would be impossible for him to pray in his own words. He said that praying in his own words would be like going up to a pretty girl on the street and telling her that he loves her and wants to take her to a movie. Yeah, pretty lame. So we talked more about prayer. I told him that he if were to pray using his own words then God would help him and that he could ask for what he needs. Hopefully he'll do something. Then we went home and talked and started our fast. A good day.

Sunday, in the morning Oleg called and said that he doesn't want to switch denominations. We were just like, what ever you need to do something. Then we went to church. The weather was good enough to where we didn't have to wear coats. However during church I looked out the windows and saw snow falling. That was a bummer. But it wasn't tooo too cold after church and then we went home and made some spagetti. It turned out to be pretty good but I used paste and I didn't add enough water so it wasn't so saucy. It turned out to be good and tasty. I liked it hopefully I'll make it again and make it more saucy. Then for P-day eve treat we made some peanut-butter cookies. Oh they are so amazing. We have been baking a bit and we are making some delicious foods. I took a hot bath and just sweated out all my bad toxins that I have acquired. It was a good relaxing Sunday night. Now we are here and writing emails.

Thanks for everything that you have done for me. Life here is going great. I have been thinking of some things that if you ever send aanother package if you could send some bags of brown sugar, that doesn't exist here. Thanks for everything family. I'm going to attach some photos in another email. I really love you all.

I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment