Monday, August 29, 2011

kharkiv/XT3 Letter 10

This past week has flown by. I can't believe how fast the weeks have been going. Just too darn fast. It's crazy being here at Internet and then going throughout the week and then finding myself  back here in front of a computer writing emails. Life is moving by pretty darn quick. 
Last Monday we went to the zoo park and saw some animals. It was a really pathetic zoo park because there wasn't much there. If I can remember right they had some buffalo, elephants, bears, an alligator, falcons, a zebra, some camels, some asses, some pigs, and some fish. It was a pathetic little place but yet a lot of fun going there because it's just a bunch of boys in a zoo. We had some fun. We saw the bears pacing back and forth just like Chris said. Some bears would just sit there and do nothing. It was boring to see. The elephants were pretty cool to see because they are so big and seeing them eat was pretty cool. They are pretty smart, they had some special way of eating. They would grab some food with their trunk then move it up and then eventually put it in their mouth. Another funny thing about the zoo was that some people would bring apples or other fruits and give them to the animals. We were all like "yeah that wouldn't fly back home." It's funny how different the places are in the world. Eventually we got bored of the zoo and came back home and did some shopping.
A couple of days ago I went on a split with Elder S. I've mention him before. We wasn't feeling too good and so I kind of did a mercy split so his companion could go out and work and not be stuck inside all day. It was nice and relaxing. They have a piano inside of their apartment and when I wasn't talking to him or making something to eat I was playing the piano. They had some music there and I just grabbed some and tried to play. It was a lot of fun. The piano wasn't in the best of tune but it provided the necessary relaxation that was needed. It reminded me of being home and playing for some hours on end. How I miss those times when I could just sit down and play. I'm thankful for my teachers that taught me how to play, the piano is awesome. Then eventually the split ended and we came back home.
Sunday was really good. I got to share the opportunity of translating for the Burr's. It's a lot harder than it looks. I can translate pretty good for myself but then when I have to talk out loud and still listen and then keep going it gets to be hard. The ears and mouth are doing different things and the brain is just getting fried. If I have more chances to translate I think that I could get better...hopefully. After Sacrament meeting some guy walked in. I thought that it was some guy from Denmark that Elder K. has been trying to meet with but come to find out it was some Ukrainian guy who wanted to know more about the church. He said that he did some research online and then he found us and had some questions. He stayed for Sunday School and for Priesthood and then we met and talked some more. He was asking about membership into the church and what has to be done. He said that he isn't sure if he wants to be a member of our church...yet, because there is still more that he needs to know. He said the word YET. That leaves hope. When we got  back home we couldn't stop talking about it and how golden it was. It was the best thing in the world. I've never had that happen before. Something that every Elder dreams of. I hope that we are able to meet with him and help him out with his questions and eventually get him baptised.
Today we are going to hit up some museums that are around. That should be fun. I'm sorry if this email seems so short, this past week was so quick and I can't remember all that really happened...actually I left my planner back home and I can't remember all that happened.....actually that is was happened. We did some contacting and what not. We are missionaries. Yes.
Love Elder Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment