Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Transfers

As pertaining to the subject line you may have guessed that I am moving....away from Gorlovka. I'm not sure how I feel about it but what ever. I have come to the terms with transfers and that is not to worry or to guess because there are other missionaries who will do that for me. Some think that I could go back to Kharkov, pretty much my last area and be a zone leader. Or they think that I could go to Donetsk and take Elder P place. Who knows...and who really cares. No matter what the work goes on. 

The phone call came Friday morning. I thought that it was a bit unexpected. I thought that I could have gone another transfer here with Elder L but that isn't going to happen anymore. Time has been going by pretty quick though. I can't believe that this transfer is almost over. I thought that we just started it a couple of weeks ago..more like five and a half weeks ago we started...geeze...

This past week hasn't been too exciting. The snow has been coming done and I can probably say that winter has finally arrived. Every morning it's about negative 5 or 6 degrees Celsius. That's not too bad unless you don't have a coat then it's really bad. But good thing that I have a coat and that vest that has been keeping me warm. I don't know what has happened to me but recently I have been feeling really cold the past couple of days. Maybe it's because I don't take hot showers or I sleep with no blankets. Just kidding I wrap up and night and when inside I'm almost always wearing that lamb's wool vest. It's very nice and I'm excited to show you all. 

Last Monday I got a hair cut...well I got them all cut. It was my first haircut in Ukraine! I have been doing the safe way out and every six to seven weeks I give myself a haircut. A number 4 all the way around. Looks a bit silly when I do the buzz, but I was thinking of doing something different and so I went and gone one. The lady did a fairly good job. I'd send a picture by the camera is dead...so sorry. 

Tuesday was an interesting day. We had a lesson that morning with the lady who thinks she was baptized and then when we got home from that lesson another member called us and asked if we could meet. We agreed that we would meet in an hour and then off we went. That lesson was really good. The member has only been a member for about 4 years but she has only gone to church 2 out of the 4. But her understanding was wonderful. We talked about the Love of God and everything else pertaining to that. Basically what everything boils down to for me is that we need to be patient and then everything will work out...eventually. That is one thing that is a bit hard for me to accept. There are just times that it would be very nice if everything was working 100% of the time and there wasn't any problems. But that is not the case some times and there are things to be learnt. 

We were supposed to have a lesson with this guy that we found earlier last transfer and he said that he was gonna have some people there waiting to listen to us. This was going to be excititng and frightening. I was anxious that morning and did my best to keep my cool. Eventually it was time to go and we put on our suits and went out to find the building. After some searching we found the place and went in. We found the right room but he wasn't there. We talked for a little bit with some of the people there and then left and went to another lesson. It was a bit of a let down because the guy talked it up pretty good the night before but maybe next time. The other lesson was a good one, we tried asking for some referrals from the member because that is what we are supposed to do every now and then. We gave a good presentation about building up Zion and that we need his help to build up Zion, how ever at the end of the lesson he couldn't think of anyone so that was his commitment before our next meeting. Think of someone to meet with the missionaries with him. Our fingers are crossed. 

Later this week we met with V. We have been waiting for approval for his baptism and we finally got it!!!! We talked about having a testimony, gaining one, and what it all means with him. It was a good lesson. I think that he took it and understands it a bit more. What I learned is that there needs to be two parts to gaining a testimony. One, need a desire and two, need to ask God in sincere prayer. It was a good lesson. That night we met with Svetlana, she is a professor and is really interesting in what we have to tell her. I noticed that she had a huge stack of papers to grade and I told her that my mother grades papers all the time. Then she said that you mom are wasting your time and shouldn't do that. She also was making some jokes at some of her students because they use funny words like mediator between the books and the students and facilitator. She thought that it was very funny but to us we just faked laughing and agreed with her that it was funny. 

We have been having some hard times getting a hold of the people that we found the week previous, when we call they don't answer their phone. Yes that can be annoying but they have their own life. Eventually this one guy picked up the phone and he and I chatted. He is a wonderful guy. We gave him a BOM quickly because he was leaving to another city, but returning. He said that he read a little bit from it and thought that it was interesting. When we offered to meet with him he declined nicely but yet was still really nice. He said that he didn't want to meet with other people because I told him that I was leaving. He told me to write down his number and call him from time to time to chat because I'm his new friend. That is pretty cool. The people here are really nice and it'll be sad leaving them. 

On Sunday I had to play the piano for the first time is a really long time. Right before the meeting started the usual piano player walked in but she sat down in the congregation and didn't come up. I was thinking that she was going to come up and play, but she didn't. So I pretty much sight read the music and occasionally had to play with one had. The song-chooser chooses some really weird songs that I really haven't heard before so it was interesting to play. The songs were played and it all worked out. Church was pretty good, got to say some goodbyes to some people and then we came home and had our last Sabbath meal together. We made steaks again because they are so tasty. We had some potatoes and some veggies. Oh so delicious. That night we were gonna go help the other Elders move/pack because today was their last day in their apartment. 

This morning we went over and helped them pack some more and then helped them move. It only took about three car trips and it was pretty quick. I don't know why we as missionaries keep Ensigns/Liahonas from the past 20 years. They should just be thrown out. Anyways the new apartment is really nice and will be fun to visit on Pday...oh wait, I'll be leaving so I won't be there anymore. 

This week has a lot of surprises in hold for me. Who knows what will be going on and there is no need to worry. All is well. I love you all very much and thank you for all that you do for me. 

Love Elder Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment