Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 18 Letter


Life is going great and we are working quite hard. We just got back from a great pday activity...we went to Slavniy Gorsk which is like a monestary. It was a lot of fun. We weren't able to do a tour but that is okay. I took a lot of photos and had a good time. We went with a member who drove us there and was super nice. It was a pretty place and if I had some more time I would go back. It was very peaceful and the freshness of the air rivals that of the air in the mountains back home. I really miss breathing fresh air because here in the city the air ain't that pretty to look at...however the sunsets and ploution makes some really really pretty sunsets. 

Well this week has been full of great things. President Rasband of the Presidency of the Seventy came to our mission and we had a special mission conference with him. That was awesome! We got to shake his hand and then listen to him and then ask him some questions that we had. He talked about how we as missionaries are all working in the harvest we are all working towards the harvest. Some people have said that we are here to reap the rewards...but actually we are here doing a lot more than just reaping the rewards we are working the fields, plowing the fields, watering the plants, and sowing the seeds or prepping the seeds to go some where. No matter what we are doing as missionaries in accordance to missionary work is working towards the harvest. That was good to hear because sometimes we as missionaries get a bit depressed because we don't see the fruits of our labors. I have been changing my prayers to help me see the fruits of my labors because it's always good to see your personal success. Then after his little talk it was time for questions. Elder N & I came up with a question and decided that we needed to ask the question right away or else there would be no time at all. So when President Rasband said that it was time for questions my hand already was up by the time he said time for...My question was: what is some specific advice you could give to missionaries returning home? He said that it was simple and what he told his missionaries and others all throughout the world. Be worthy to have a current temple recommend. Simple enough but he said that it contains 14 more points. It was a good answer and I guess that is what I needed to hear from him. It was a good time to be in his presence and he said that he was here before missionaries were sent here because of his work. He said that his place has really grown very quickly in the past 20 years. Today the member we were with said that there used to be baptisms every weekend with about 5 people getting baptized. He said that yeah it might seem a bit slow but in fact this place has grwon very much. It's crazy to think that, but it is true. Yes the work may seem slow but the past 20 years there has been a lot of work going on. Ukraine is a god place to be. 

Not much really happened this week because it seemed like a blur because we were working very much so this week. We met with a son of a member who just got out of jail and we put him on date but he just found work and now it's  a bit harder to meet with him. Hopefully he'll be meeting with us often this coming week and the week to come because by the end of this month we would like for him to get baptized. We have a lot of contacts that we need to call and something will happen with them. 

I feel like I'm learning a lot about love. I know that love is important but when you truly love someone more than you can physically are capable of then life is better. When you forget about worrying about yourself and you're more concerned about what the other person needs then everything will be okay. I'm trying to have more of the Christlike love that he had for everyone and I'm working on seeing them as God and Christ sees them. I don't want to be a judger of persons, just a good friend to all. One that others can come to and know that I love them. Elder N was talking about that last night and he said that I have the gift of having others like me. I thought about that for a second and just thought that well if you're nice to others and if you're real with them, then in return they will do the same. It's just the Golden Rule in action. That is what I have learned here. The Golden Rule is so so so stinkin important. And if others don't treat you right then it's whatever. I have learned not to take offense to non-important matters. If I can't play the piano as good as others, that is okay and life will go on. If I can't speak as good as Russian as good as others that is okay. What matters to me is if people are happy and they are having a good time. Like what Dad has told me for a long time "Make it fun for everyone." If you're not laughing then life isn't fun. Gotta be laughing. I know that God has a sense of humor because all we have to do is look in a mirror. Adam fell that men might have JOY. This world is just a play ground of life. We can figure out what works and what doesn't. Have fun and all will be okay...yes I am being obedient don't worry. 

Family I love you all very much. 

Love Elder Frank 

No comments:

Post a Comment